Runner-Up Finish for Mosack at Nashville, Second Straight Music City Podium;
TeamSLR’s William Sawalich Finishes 13th, Chris Liesfeld 19th
Date: Aug. 6, 2022
Event: Big Machine Music City Grand Prix (Round 9 of 12)
Series: Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Layout: 2.17-mile, 11-turn street course
Format: 46 laps or 75 minutes
Weather: Sunny, Mid-80s
● Connor Mosack – Started 4th, Finished 2rd (Running, completed 34/34 laps)
● William Sawalich – Started 16th, Finished 13th (Running, completed 34/34 laps)
● Chris Liesfeld – Started 39th, Finished 19th (Running, completed 34/34 laps)
● Mosack’s lap of 1 minute, 31.882 seconds earned him the Omolgato Young Gun Fast Lap Award.
● Liesfield’s run from 39th on the starting grid to finish 19th earned him the Bassett Wheels Hard Charger Award.
● The TA2 race from Nashville will air on the CBS Sports Network at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Saturday, Aug. 13 with an encore broadcast at 1 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 14.
Connor Mosack, Driver, No. 28 Open Eyes/Franklin Road Apparel/Nacarato Truck Centers/High Point University/Interstate Foam & Supply/Nic Tailor Custom Fit Underwear Ford Mustang:
William Sawalich, Driver, No. 8 Starkey-Audibel/TeamSLR/M1 Racecars Chevrolet Camaro:
“Being my first street race, I had no experience on a course like this. Throughout the practice sessions, my confidence grew, which made me very comfortable for qualifying. We qualified 16th, which was solid for the size of the field. Once the green flag dropped, we got to work. We made up three spots, giving us a P13 finish. I feel if we hadn’t encountered three cautions, we could’ve probably been top-10. It was a good weekend overall and we kept the car in one piece. The support from everybody at TeamSLR was phenomenal. I cannot wait to be back in one of these monster M1 machines.”
TeamSLR (Scott Lagasse Racing) competes fulltime in the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli in a multifaceted effort that includes dedicated entries in the TA2 division, customer programs, driver coaching and car construction. Its history dates back to 1985 and covers a wide spectrum of motorsports, including NASCAR, IMSA, SCCA, ARCA and ASA. TeamSLR is a family-owned organization run by Scott Lagasse Sr., and Scott Lagasse Jr., The father-and-son duo have combined to win more than 100 races and seven championships across a variety of series and styles of racecars, from paved ovals to road courses to dirt tracks. For more information, please visit us online at www.TeamSLR.com, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram and on LinkedIn.
Photography by Chris Green Photos, LLC
Contact Chris Satterfield with TeamSLR
(571) 528-5213 or [email protected]